Friday, 6 April 2012
Five factors that cause a property not to sell
1. Location. Over history it's been said the three things to look for in buying a property are (1) Location, (2) Location, and (3) Location. There are positive and negative factors to almost every location. Let's pretend your property is right next door to a fire station. You need the kind of marketing professional that can sell the benefits of not having to worry about your new home burning down, or perhaps the savings on fire insurance. Seriously, no matter where your property may be located, there is a ready, willing, and able buyer in the marketplace. You just have to be creative and sell the benefits.
2. Condition. Making a good first impression is important in getting a property sold. Painting the front door and trim, making sure the doorbell works, putting furniture and clothing in storage, and cleaning off counter tops are just a few of the little things I suggest to my customers and clients to make properties more marketable. I would be more than happy to provide you with a Merchandising Review free of charge. A Merchandising Review is a list of 18 Factors that cause properties to sell. I spend the extra time necessary with every client to assure all the little details are taken care of. It's that attention to detail that sets me apart and enables me to get properties sold.
3. Price. How soon you want to sell has a direct relationship to the price you receive for your property. A very important statistic to look at when pricing your property properly is the average sales price to list price percentage. This gives you a realistic guideline as to what's really happening in the marketplace. It may not be what you want to hear; however, for an honest price analysis of your property, call me and I will share with you the price I honestly expect you to receive in today's real estate market.
4. Terms. Are you flexible as to possession dates? Many times serious buyers that are relocating to an area only look at those properties that offer immediate possession. Are you willing to assist the buyer with financing? Sometimes a seller who is willing to assist with financing will help a property to sell. Are you buying another property? If you are willing to consider trading part or all of your equity for another property, that makes your property more attractive in the marketplace. Call me directly for a complete analysis of all the terms you could offer to make your property more marketable.
5. The Agent and Company You Select. I pride myself on selling properties that other agents couldn't sell. I understand the frustrations involved when sellers are not able to accomplish their real estate objectives. If you're serious about selling and not just listing your property, call me today. I will give you an honest evaluation of what it is going to take to get your property sold. I will share with you my proven marketing systems that have enabled me to help so many sellers accomplish their real estate objectives!